Fully Automatic High Speed High Pressure Cylindrical Horizontal Steam Sterilizer SMI-105A
The sterilizer is based on the principle that microbiological action of saturated steam at elevated temperature is rapid and through. All models work on the principle of downward displacement of air which is the most economical method of obtaining sterilization.
Robust and rigid construction, designed for all types of bulk sterilization which are commonly needed in Medical, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Institutions.
The high speed sterilizer is fitted with high wattage heaters. Primarily it is intended for emergency sterilization of unwrapped surgical instruments & other components.
The sterilizer is triple walled with steam jacket and separate boiler. The inner chamber and steam jacket are made up of Heavy gauge Stainless Steel sheet SS316L with leak proof argon welding.
The sterilizer has single piece door made of stainless steel plate SS316L. Back plate and ring is also made of thick stainless steel SS316L. All the sterilizers are hydraulically tested to withstand 2.5 times the working pressure.
The sterilizer is mounted on tubular steel frame with ground levelling screwed flanges. The Outer jacket is wrapped with glass wool to minimise the heat losses due to radiation and is covered by polished stainless steel sheet SS316L for that elegant appearance.
The steam generator is made of heavy stainless steel sheet SS316L. Heavy ring mounted in front of the boiler with removable thick stainless steel plate SS316L is fitted with heating elements and low water level cut-off device to protect these elements from burning out dry.
Front removable plate system provides easy cleaning of the deposited scale on the elements and the walls for long life and efficiency. The boiler is fitted with water gauge glass for water level indication, water inlet and outlet valves.
The “PIEZOSTAT” (Pressure control device) is incorporated in all sterilizers. It acts as a safety device, economises on power consumption and reduces the frequent opening of the steam release valve and thus prevents the release of steam in the room, It cuts off the power supply to heaters when the set pressure is achieved and re-energises the heating elements when pressure falls below the set point.
Flanged types, immersion heating elements made of high grade material are high wattage electric heaters to finish the sterilization within 6 minutes of achieving the desired pressure of 2.2Kg/cm2 & corresponding saturated steam temperature of 134°C.
Sterilizer has hinged self-locking single piece thick Stainless Steel plate SS316L door and cannot be opened when under pressure. The self-locking device automatically disengages the thread mechanism when the sterilizer is under pressure to preclude any eventuality of accident.
Microprocessor Controller & Single Point Control:
The sterilizer is controlled by a fully automatic microprocessor controller with colour touch screen having user friendly interface for trouble free operation. The microprocessor consists of test programs such as B&D test, vacuum test etc. Secondly there are eight user selectable programs & the user can program their own parameters in these eight freely selectable programs. The step by step printing can also be done by connecting a printer to the serial port. The printer is provided along with the machine. The enhanced microprocessor warns in case of any alarms, malfunction, temperature/ pressure deviation from there set parameters. The built in audio-visual alarm system warns in case of any malfunction. The user can also program the Cycle Name, Batch No, Operator Name, Load description for documentation. In case of power failure, the user can complete the sterilization cycle using the multiport valve fitted at front top. Two speeds of steam exhaust are available; fast and slow.
Easily readable jacket and chamber pressure on gauges mounted on the left and right of the multi port valve. A moisture trap fitted in the chamber discharge line absorbs the condensate automatically to prevent moistening of the subject matter to be sterilized.Control Panel:
The control panel includes a pressure switch, a microprocessor based touch screen controller, Mains MCB, pilot lamps, relays etc. and mounted on the stand of the sterilizer for easy operation. The microprocessor activates the pnematic operated valves which in turn switches the air valves to ensure perfect sterilization.Other Features:
- TRIPLE SAFETY: – The Sterilizer is provided with the triple safety features. At the boiler level by a PIEZOSTAT which automatically limits the pressure to the required set value and a spring loaded safety valve in case of its failure which releases the steam to keep pressure within the safety limits.
- The secondary digital temperature indicator cum controller also helps in monitoring the chamber temperature and switching off and on the heaters. At the chamber level, a spring loaded safety valve and a dead weight release valve to release the steam in case the pressure exceeds the safety limit. All these safety features function independent of one another and sequentially i.e. one take over the charge in case of other’s failure.
- A plug screen prevents the discharge line from choking. The plug is easily removable for daily cleaning.
- Powerful Ejector for drying sterilized linen circulates air throughout the chamber. The circulating air passes through a corrosion resistant metallic wool filter.
- Automatic Vacuum breaker is provided to break vacuum in case of formation of vacuum due to steam condensation.
- Sterilizing Temp: 121°C/134°C
- Sterilizing pressure: 1.1/2.2 kg/cm2
- Power Requirement: Designed to operate on 415V volts, Three phase AC supply. The instrument is supplied with 3HP air compressor for pneumatic valves.
Dia × Depth
400 × 600 mm
500 × 900 mm
- Dressing Drums
- Direct steam supply from centralised boiler
- Additional door (Double door) model
- Fully covered type design to give a more elegant look to the sterilizer